About Revenue Share
RevenueSha.re is an OpenVideo.tech project trying to make it easier for creatives, non-profits and other collaborators to easily and safely create revenue-sharing plans for little/no cost.
We do this thru three layers:
- Revenue Sharing Language (RSL): a new YAML-subtytpe syntax to describe Revenue Sharing plans in a human and machine readable way.
- Cascade: a drag and drop interface to create RSL agreements. There are both framework-free native-JS and a Svelte-JS version.
- CiviSplit: a suite of three CiviCRM extensions to save, process and payout RSL agreements:
- Agreement Builder integrates Cascade, with save/edit, Civi contact lookup, reporting, viewing and fixing agreements.
- Processor calculates who is owed what, and could be used for manual entry and integration with other systems/extensions.
- Uphold is the payment processor integration with Uphold to create a dedicated payee account, generate a custom ILP address, check balances and make payouts to payees.
You can see these in action below in a presentation, by Matthew Wire taken from the December 2021 Grant for the Web skillshare:
What exactly does CiviSplit do?
- Setup multi-step pro-rata & pari-passu revenue sharing…
Supporting a succession of fixed and percentage payouts from a specific payee address.
- Store agreements in a human and machine readable syntax…
Revenue Sharing Language (RSL) is a YAML-subtype describing multi-step, multi-payee revenue plans.
RSL agreements are built through an intuitive builder, Cascade, available in native-JS and Svelte.js.
- Generate agreements with SHA-hash signature to prevent future changes…
RSL agreements form the basis for payouts, so once securely hashed prevent future changes.
- Collect income for each agreeement at a dedicated sub-account with its own Payment Pointer
Each agreement has it’s own sub-account and payment address (Uphold only).
- Calculate, make, track and report on payouts in CiviCRM…
CiviCRM (available for over ½ of world’s websites) extensions manage agreements, payees and payments with notifications and reporting.
- Rich Lott, Artful Robot: Initial Cascade Svelt JS Build, all unit tests, developer & structural input.
- Matthew Wire, MJW Consulting: CiviSplit extensions build and architecture.
- Nicol Wistreich, Netribution Ltd: Project lead, RSL author and designer.